Sunday, February 22, 2015

Enough

One Little Word...it didn't come easily for me this year.

Usually I have word possibilities swirling around in my head for several weeks leading up to Christmas. By the time New Year rolls around, my word is already becoming part of my everyday.

 Not this time.

Seeking inspiration, I revisited my One Little Word choices from previous years, and one thing was glaringly obvious to me. Although the words had changed, the overall sentiment behind those words was always the same...do more, be more, lose weight, get fit, eat healthier, be a better mum ...blah blah blah.

At that point I abandoned the whole concept, dismissing it as just a clever repackaging of the old New Years Resolution.

Then I got to thinking about the constant self improvement that we all seem to be striving for, which led to the question...what if I am, in fact, enough? 




What if I am exactly who I am meant to be right now? I'm good enough, strong enough and I try enough? I work enough, care enough and am fit enough? I spend enough time with all the important people in my life, and my best is good enough?

To be honest...I LOVE that I'm learning to let go of my (often very high/unreasonable) expectations of myself, and letting myself just BE....giving myself permission to call it good instead of pushing myself too hard (and the inevitable disappointment when I don't achieve what I set out to)...accepting that I can't always be everything to everyone.

I'm even learning to recognise when enough is ENOUGH, and that it's ok to step back from activities/relationships/commitments that no longer make me happy.

This One Little Word has definitely given me lots to think about so far!

TTFN xxx


3 comments:

Deb R said...

Love it!!!!

Hope said...

That is a great word! You are wonderful, just the way you are. x

dawn said...

Enjoyed reading your thoughts on your word, so true. Great word for you and hope it does well with you this year.